What is Power over Ethernet (PoE) Lighting?
Power over Ethernet (PoE) technology — is when a single Ethernet cable is used to both provide low-voltage DC power and enable network communication.
inspeXtor™ delivers this capability to mainstream lighting applications, and has become increasingly viable for LED lighting.
The advantage of the LED lighting being powered through category cable is the customer is able to extract important data based on protocols and polices they set. This data can drive sales or reduce costs and a lot in between. PoE lighting solutions bring the cost of ownership below the cost of traditional lighting.
Why use PoE?
- Time and cost savings –Reduce time and expense of installation when compared to typical high voltage installation. Network cables do not require high voltage and can be located anywhere.
- Flexibility – Easily adapts new lighting policies at the touch of a button
- Safety – Little to no risk of electrical injuries when installing since high voltage is not present and risk of fire is reduced
- Reliability –System is controlled by a central source rather than a collection of distributed circuits, reducing failures. It can also be supported by UPS.
- Information – Real-time data that can be collected/stored or report any and all anomalies for better facility management.